Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Layovers, Part 2

Note: I clearly intended to post this 2 years ago, but hey, why not now?

--LJE

Hello, Readers! Today, I will show you the beaded projects I made for holiday gifts and one necklace I made for myself with the leftovers!

I showed you my supplies and methods before, but here's something I bought to make beading easier for only about $6 which is absolutely amazing--a beading board. Everything is so much easier. You can measure more easily, lay out your design, and use the recesses for seed beads and findings.


I made three necklaces:




I also made bookmarks, 2 of each kind: 



The bookmarks were very easy. Using beading pliers,  I opened, attached, and closed a jump ring to each shepherd's hook bookmark. For each one I opened one end of an eye pin and put on my beads. I closed the eye pin around the jump ring and voila! 

These projects were fun in the making, but also in the choosing of beads with the recipients in mind: colors, designs, styles, etc. I ended up with lots of leftover seed beads and decided it would be fun to try to make a two string necklace with seed beads. I think I have a lot to learn about technique for this type of necklace, but I'm enjoying the finished product. 




That's all for now, friends! 

--Lael



No comments:

Post a Comment