Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Layovers, Part 1

Note: I clearly intended to post this 2 years ago, but hey, why not now?

--LJE

Howdy, Everyone! It's been awhile! The holidays were super busy, and in this post and my next one, I'll show you why!

I made my own holiday cards this year and a bunch of beaded gifts for my friends. In this post I'll show you several of the steps to make my finished cards. I chose to make postcards because, that way, I wouldn't have to buy seals or use envelopes and cheaper postage! It was much easier to "assemble" the cards and mail them out once I had them finished than ever before. And, the entire endeavor cost me about half as much as my usual cards.




You could use Vistaprint or a bunch of other sites, but I used Staples. I was really impressed with the quality of the finished cards. I downloaded a template from their website and drew my design in Adobe Photoshop on my Adesso Cyber Tablet. (Were I to buy a new tablet, I would buy a smaller one. A year ago I was under the incorrect assumption that there would be more of a correlation between the size of paper I would traditionally use to draw and the size of the tablet space.)

I took my inspiration from folio 17r of the Ingeborg Psalter and created a loose adaptation. Here are a few stages of the development...You can see I made a few changes as I went along.

 




That's a wrap for today! Tune in next time for some beaded projects!

--Lael

No comments:

Post a Comment