Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Guest Post: A Midweek Manicure from MixedMethod

Hi! I'm Kimberly, author of the MixedMethod blog! Over there I share recipes, DIY projects, and a once-weekly nail art feature. On Sundays I round-up a bunch of fun DIYs from around the interwebz and share them with my readers. Today on On the Side after Five, I'd like to share with you this week's Midweek Manicure = Triangle Triangles:

Triangles Triangles Manicure


For this manicure, I used scotch tape to tape off the triangles to achieve a crisp edge. I first painted a base color of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow over my clear base coat. Because I used tape, I let the yellow dry for over an hour just to make sure I wouldnt have any problems with the tape - sometimes it's best to use tape on day-old polish. Also, stick the tape on your skin a few times to make it a bit less sticky before taping off your nails. After taping off the sides of each nail and creating a triangle in the middle, I painted on 10 Professional Nail Laquer in the color Moonlight. After that was pretty dry, I pulled off the tape and added a top coat. Voila!

If you like this mani, check out my blog - and check back here, too! I'll be contributing a few times a month!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment