Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thank You, Thank You.

My awesome aunt gave my son, Liam a ton of new toys during a recent visit. A Melissa & Doug donut set, a ice cream play set, an Ikea circus tent and tunnel, a construction hat and a new rug for his room. Anyway, this haul deserved a hand crafted note.

My aunt loves dogs, so I chose this as my inspiration!


Above is a photograph of all the supplies needed. Sans some adhesive zots. The pink tool is a embossing heat gun. It provides a very hot, direct heat for rubber stamp embossing! All my paper supplies are from Paper Source - my favorite for paper products. The cute dancing dog is from a book called '150 Love Notes', a must have for those who enjoy making cards or sending mail/notes.


This was a pretty simple card. I adhered the dancing dog to the yellow (sunshine) A2 sized backing. I applied some light spots of stickles (a glitter glue) to a few of the dog's strips. Just to give pup a little oomph.


Next I stamped a 'thank you' emblem on the outside of the envelope, using a clear stamp pad. I applied a dusting of holographic embossing powder. I held my heat tool about 2 inches away and turned my stamp into a much sweeter embossed design. Read more about heat embossing here.


Finally, I tossed in a pretty peacock envelope liner, adhered to the envelope with double sided tape on either side of the envelope. You can either buy envelope liners, or make your own with any pretty paper you'd like. Here are some envelope templates that are pretty sweet to have.

I double backed the pup by placing a piece of zig zag beige and white paper on the flip side -- with plenty of room for writing!

Thank you note crafting can be fun after all...enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment