Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is why I have no space in my kitchen...I blame you, dessert!


In honor of the fact that today is my birthday, I thought I'd address a very important and serious subject...cake!

Not only does cake taste amazing, you can make it look super awesome! Duh. Anyway, I love to decorate cakes by myself or with my mom (you just have to eat the excess icing while working)!

Also, I am totally obsessed with different shapes of cake pans. My old standby is always a standard bundt pan. But, over the years I have collected a plethora of fun pans, including this amazing tea cake pan. Main downside: sooooo hard to clean! One tip I can definitely give, with this sort of pan, it is NOT worth it to buy an inexpensive one. You want a sturdy pan.






A somewhat recent acquisition: 8 of these Wilton Mini Tasty-Fill™ Cake Pans.





I'm jealous of my mom having this Wilton Checkerboard Cake Set  and her cake "tunnel." The birthday cake she made for herself a few years ago was an igloo with a tunnel inside, ie. filled with delicious frosting! 






My favorite pan is my mini bundt pan.
I like to mix and match for simple but fun desserts for parties. Below, a before and after using the mini bundt pan and little pans (cannot remember what they are called) which make little shallow cake "bowls"! I melted chocolate icing and drizzled (more like dumped) it over the cakes. Then, I dusted with confectioner's sugar.


Below, I used the mini bundt pan again and the tea cake pan noted above to make a summery treat. I used whipped cream, strawberries, and confectioner's sugar to top!




Holiday shaped pans are another collection! I have this pumpkin loaf pan. And my mom always has something amazing in her cabinets!





(Gee, I hope my mom doesn't mind that I keep showcasing her arts and crafts and yummy artsy desserts! Keep 'em coming, Mom...especially the desserts!)


--Lael


No comments:

Post a Comment