Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baltimore Comic Con 2012 OR Lots of Leather and Cool Comics


So, amid laughter from several friends, I went to Baltimore Comic Con this past weekend. I had a lot of fun! Anyone who went to see the Dark Knight Rises this summer really shouldn't make fun of comic conventions anyway! And, you know, I do draw a comic... Next weekend is the Small Press Expo (SPX) in Bethesda, and I'm super excited about that, too.

Comic Con was a bit pricey, but it was worth it just for all of the crazy costumes! Unfortunately, in a lot of cases it was hard to tell whether or not people were wearing costumes or not...Here's a list of most of the costumes I spotted, most of the identifications courtesy of my companion:
Wow, was that informative for me! I feel like I just made a comics guide. I hope some others who aren't always super "up" on pop culture appreciate my efforts! For those of you "in the know," let me know if anything is wrong with any of the links. 

Final note about costumes, there were multiples of many. What did I see the most of? Definitely Captain America, Batman, and duos of Poison Ivy and Catwoman (which were really cool because they were all obviously those characters but were all different). 

So, I thought I'd list my favorite things I saw and include some links to some nifty stuff to check out. Unfortunately, I did not get all of the info for all of the cool things I saw. My only defense? It was crowded and overwhelming! 
I can't wait to check out a lot of these comics myself! Ok, now I'm overwhelmed again! That's all for today! 

--Lael 



No comments:

Post a Comment