Friday, September 14, 2012

Falling into Fall

It's that time of year again...

Or soon it will be that time of year again. 

Once September starts, I get fall fever. I'm the type of person who just really enjoys seeing the seasons change. So this year as September has rolled around, I am eager for FALL to kick in. I want to eat soup, apple pie and apple cider donuts (not at the same time), wear sweaters and scarves, decorate pumpkins, drink hot chocolate and apple cider, see bales of hay and watch as the leaves change.

But alas, it is still 80 degrees outside. Technically it's not really fall until the 22nd of September anyway, so I will just have to practice patience! In the meantime, I am getting in the fall spirit.

This started with baking an apple pie. I have to say it turned out pretty well (if I may say so myself). Next, I took my son to Milburn Orchard in Elkton, Maryland. It's got a similar (albeit a little more refined) feeling to the orchard we've been to the past two years in Massachusetts, Shelburne Orchard. I enjoy picking my own apples -- because nothing is more fresh then picking your own fruit from the vine. And a super fresh apple can't be beat. Plus, these orchards generally have some festive games, toys or foods that really make me feel like fall is around the corner. We picked out a pumpkin and brought it home in hopes that it would help make the house a little more festive. So far...it looks a bit lonely. But no worries, I have other plans.

Liam; Shelburne Orchard 2011
Liam; Milburn Orchard 2012
Here is some fall inspiration for you (ideas from Pinterest). 


 "The seasons are the moods of the year. Even in locales where seasonal changes are subtle, there are different energies to summer and spring, winter and fall. When we change with the seasons, we put ourselves in harmony with nature. This helps us flow with the current instead of fighting against it." LIMAESROCK
I urge you to embrace the change of season that is quickly approaching! Enjoy. 








No comments:

Post a Comment