Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DIY Armcandy

My name is Eileen and I am a working mother of one who enjoys spending her free time doing crafts and pursuing ideas that would help me be creative. I am 27 years old and have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy. I'm hoping that by posting blogs I can share some of my experiences and creations.

Since I'm such an armcandy lover I figured why not make my own. I have a small wrist so it's hard to find bracelets that fit the way I like. The idea just popped in my head and decided to buy some materials to make bracelets. After watching a couple of YouTube videos, I was on my way to making some much loved wristparties.



All it took was some suede cord, waxed cord, and beads, if desired. I also made some using brass hex nuts. Super easy and very affordable. If you can make a braid the combinations are unlimited. There are also thousands of videos of YouTube that would walk you through step by step in creating the bracelets. I got the materials from Walmart & Michael's. It was very accessible.


After posting some of my creations on social networking sites and I have gotten some great feed back which has motivated me to keep making them. I have even been inspired to create an etsy shoppe "Wristparty Designs" which will have bracelets ready for purchase by the end of the week. I'm really excited. Below are some more pictures of some more bracelets I've made.





1 comment: