Thursday, September 6, 2012

If I had a million dollars...

...I would spend it all on Etsy.

 JUST kidding.

But I really do love Etsy. See Etsy's mission statement:

Our mission is to empower people to change the way the global economy works. We see a world in which very-very small businesses have much-much more sway in shaping the economy, local living economies are thriving everywhere, and people value authorship and provenance as much as price and convenience. We are bringing heart to commerce and making the world more fair, more sustainable, and more fun.
Mostly I think it is fun to look hand made art for sale made by people across the country and world. Check out LittleGoatsPlay, works by Anna Blinn Cole. Super sweet, creative and well-made cards and hand thrown pottery. She also has some adorable porcelain buttons!


Another favorite shop is Haley's Don't Eat the Paintings. She has an Etsy shop, but all works are viewable on her website/blog. Don't Eat the Paintings. Generally she has a sweet watercoloring which goes hand in hand with a recipe. Her art is beautiful and the recipes look so very tasty! Art for the kitchen!

Another favorite is Amanda Atkin's. She is an artist in Boston. She has fabulous vintage type illustrations of people, animals and places. 


Here are some of MY favorite fun things off Etsy. Most I just think are cool. Or I am drawn to them in some way. I have an appreciation for all things crafty/creative/artistic. I hope you do too! Enjoy.


Yoda
Pixie
Moon Painting

I find Etsy is great for inspiration. It's just kind of fun to see what's out there. Even if I don't buy a ton, I think it is a great community of artists. And has great potential for artists and buyers. So today, I urge you to pop on Etsy and see what you like. Maybe you'll even find something you just HAVE to have (or give)!

No comments:

Post a Comment