Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Maryland State Fair...Plus TCBY Art!

I suppose this is not particularly artsy, but for a city girl like me without reliable transportation, I don't have much opportunity to see farm animals, so my trip on Saturday to the Maryland State Fair was fun. And, frankly, it turns out I had more fun looking at the animals than anything else. 

So, enjoy some farm photos, especially the newborns, and scroll down to admire the piece of art for sale in the Timonium TCBY




The "Birthing" area had these chicks!


Sleepy, hot cow.


This baby was born on August 23rd! 




Baby Pigs! I definitely had a Charlotte's Web moment.



Pony!


Before and after sheep shots! (Well, not really, because these are different sheep, but you get the idea.)





On to TCBY for dessert! On the way out, I spotted this painting that is selling for $150. It was propped up on a counter with a plant in front of it and a bunch of fliers I had to move to get a shot of the signature. Yes, it is a play on Magritte's The Son of Man. No, I'm not sure I get it, but I suppose if it's a new trend to make works of art modeled after famous canonical works with ice cream as the theme, I'm totally game...I guess?
























That's it for today, Ladies and Gents!

--Lael

No comments:

Post a Comment